2.11.07

i have tried to marry ideas of the processes used in the radiography/ brachytherapy areas with the theme of 'garden' and have shared my iideas in progress through my blog.. I am open to comments on the ideas and anything relevent that can aid this process or provide information which can add a new, artistic or scientific aspect to the work .
Today i have been gathering together all my research and ideas to date in order to begin to think about a layout / design for the final outcome. My intention is to make work which will combine my textile skills and the research in a piece of work which is relevent to its situation within the hospital and to the groups who will pass through that space. my aim is to make work which will demonstrate aesthetic and tactile textile qualtities but i would hope also be relevent to patients and staff.
To date i have been looking at the process of brachytherapy and have been trying to find ways to use the processes to spark off ideas to generate work .. Seeds were my first thought as seeds are used in brachytherapy and also within the planting of a garden ( the theme of the commissioned works within the hospital ).. in the process of generating ideas i have looked at seed planting and the growth of seeds.. i have also looked at plants and flowers associated with health and emotional states . in order to make a work that demonstrates the research to date i am now looking at ways i can formulate this into a large scale piece of work .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that the sketchbook pages are really interesting - I'm seeing them not as pages but as walls!
For me scale is the intriguing thing about a seed, such a tiny object containing all that plant dna, all that promise. They look so barren to the naked eye.
I don't know if it's possible to express this amazing sense of potential for life?
Seeing seed images larger than life works for me - they make you feel 'connected' in a comforting way.
i suppose the challenge is to avoid
images which might look like diseased cells?